Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Aroma Of Amor




Adding the oil and flour to the sautéed garlic I lean in to smell the aroma that reminded me of home.  A little surprised by the arm leaning across my back, gently resting his hand on my waist, I looked up to find him smiling down at me.  He looked me right in the eyes without hesitation, staring at me with his hazel grey eyes, that seemed to change colors with his mood.  At the moment they were a warm caramel like the sauce simmering in the pan.  His sharp features came in at his chin, accented with the smooth point of the bridge of his nose.  His hair was perfect without any work of his own, black as night with flawless spikes and a touch of careless hand combing.  I could tell he was hot by his ears.  Flushing to the same color of the tomato sauce I slowly poured into the sauce.  I tried hard to keep from smiling as I noticed the almost invisible dimples slowly forming.  I could tell he enjoyed watching, but his take charge personality couldn’t be suppressed as he reached to take the whisk from me, his eyebrows furrowed as he focused on the job at hand, completely absorbed in keeping the bubbles from forming with his shoulders held back proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment