Thursday, November 5, 2015

Curiosity Caught The Boy

He peered my way, the curiosity practically pooling around him.  Fidgeting, unable to pay any attention to his English, now that there was a secret to be heard.  I couldn’t help but smile, trying to keep from giggling like a little girl at a boy with cooties.  I accidentally slipped, teasing him with comments only to be met with even greater curiosity.  I could see it in his eyes, just bursting to know.  He grabbed the toe of my shoe, shaking it pleadingly, like an adorable child wishing with all his might for a toy in the window.  He threatened with joking, knowing it was useless.  His insistence, however, didn’t drain.  He continued, making it known that he intended to know my secret.  As the minutes slipped away before the starting of our class he tried frantically to get me to spill.  It was too enjoyable to see him be so unexpectedly curious that I could hardly give up such a small secret.  It was underwhelming compared to the mountain that now stood in its way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment