Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Holy Guacamole!

Wow...

Is it just me or are shooter games really violent these days?  Maybe they've always been violent and I've just now been noticing to a lot of them...

I dunno, what do I know. they're all the same. 
Violent.

So,... is this at least a little bit worrisome to anyone besides me? 
I mean, I'm not saying they're not fun cause that would be a lie.  They are very fun and addicting, but is that really something we morally upstanding people should be playing into our homes?  

Like, Halo and Uncharted are great, but when your younger sibling walks in and is wondering why there's red on the edge of the scene and you're shouting, "Just die! Oh my gosh! I shot you in the head!" you should probably stop and take a reality check and reassess what's wrong with that picture.
A lot. 

I know you're all sitting there going, 
"COME ON! 
It's just a shooter game, chill out."

And, yeah, it is just a shooter game, that's true.  And I don't think the game is bad, I think it's fun too.  I'm just wondering if there should be more questions when it comes to letting these things so casually into our living rooms.  They say one of the biggest doors into your home for the Devil are your screens.  What you play and broadcast there is like an open check for the Devil to play with and manipulate. 

If you play a mild shooter game with aliens then why not play a shooter game with people as the targets? Same thing right? 


Yes, you are laughing at me, I know, I sat there and made this face as well when someone said this to me the first time,
"this person has no idea what she's talking about..."

But really, think about it. 

Also, there's got to be a morally lowering factor because while I know it's not the main reason there are a lot of shootings, because that would be a lie, it does have a hand in the influence of it all.  Now I know you guys aren't crazy lunatics that are easily influenced by playing a game of halo with a couple of your buddies, 

but... would it really hurt to consider the possible affects it might have as a whole on society? 

I know you're sitting there going, 
"She is going to try and prove that all shooter games are evil and that we should all stop playing them and go back to tinker toys because those are safe hazard-less toys..."

Nope, nope nope, that's not at all what I'm trying to do.  Don't worry, I'm just thinking out loud.  That's pretty much all I do on here.  Think out loud and hope it gets others thinking too.  I very much enjoy a game of halo with some friends having a good time and laughing being goofballs together. I'm not condemning video games or shooter games, but I am wondering what effects it's had on our modern world and what it shows for our current moral standings. 


So maybe think about it?  It's not a school assignment, with an essay due.  It's just food for thought. 
Anyway, I better hightail it before I get attacked for touching this subject. 


Truly yours,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment