Thursday, May 21, 2015

Summertime Sadness

Summer classes,...

If you've ever taken one, you know what I'm talking about here. 
You get out of finals and you feel like you're free, but.....
then you realize you're actually stuck here for a while longer, but come on, it can't be that bad... Right?

Wrong... okay that's a lie, it could be enjoyable, but the one I got stuck in was like purgatory on earth.

I start at 12 pm, and go all the way till 7pm.  It's 3 hours of lecture, and 4 of lab everyday for three weeks.
It's so boring and really hard.
I was like, hey no problem, I can do this, but then I realized I get over a 100 slides everyday that I have to  memorize.

So, I went right to work. 

The professor said it wasn't a big deal,

After the first test, my grades weren't horrible, but they weren't great because turns out, instead of being nice and testing on the material he put in bold and highlighted he tested a lot on the little tiny words you need a magnifying glass to read.


So, I go, "There's a lot of material is there anyway we could focus our attention? What are you looking for exactly?"

and he responds, "Everything important is on the slides, just study those and you'll be fine."
well,....
that's kinda the LOT of material that I was TALKING ABOUT!!

Oh well, you can't do much.... so, I went back to work.
You'll be fine, they say,
Sure...
But, not only in lecture is there trouble,
I actually love lab.  Lab is great, I'm good at handling bacteria and all the lab type stuff we do, I'm good. The thing I tend to have a problem with is being traumatized by the educational videos that we're shown every time. 


We sit there and are scarred by the disturbing videos about diseases, and such things that over dramatize everything making you feel like you can't breath, eat, touch, look at, or do anything without getting a deadly infection, worm, or virus.  It's pretty terrible. 
so we sit there going,
 but it will be over, it's only three weeks, and I'll make it through, and be fine.  But if you ever wish to take a summer class, just stick it through it'll be okay, then you can be on your way and start the rest of your life without ever having to look back.

Nice knowin' ya, glad to see ya go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment