Friday, April 25, 2014

The Facebook Society

I must admit with shame that I have now officially joined the Facebook society. 

Facebook is a very interesting thing.  After being on it for 4 days I have made a conclusion.  My conclusion is unbiased because, 1) I have not been on it long enough to be obsessed with it. 
And 2) I did not have a dislike for it before I got on.  I'd heard great things about it and everyone was telling me to get on since it was so great.  

So, in my opinion, Facebook is a waste of time. I was talking to someone on there and I told them I didn't want to get sucked in so I wouldn't be using it much and that person said something so true and yet a complete lie.  He said that there really wasn't anything to get sucked into.  It's a lie in the sense that you can do so much and be on there for hours without noticing. But it's also true because truly there's nothing you can really do.

When you get on Facebook there is nothing for your brain to grasp.  Therefore, it urges you to stay on longer so that it can find something, anything to grasp onto to help it grow.  The brain is constantly growing and learning, it gains some sort of knowledge from everything it does.  But when you present Facebook to your brain, you are asking for a buffering stall.  



Things you can do on Facebook:

Stalk people
Post insane amounts of random comments
Post stupid cat memes
'Friend' people
'Like' stuff
Melt your brain.

 You sit hours on facebook letting your brain melt and you get depressed because your life can't possibly be half as amazing as all these fabulous people you're stalking and so you walk everywhere head down and depressed about your life.

In your deperate state you try post things.  Lame selfies, hearts next to your significant other's name and other stupid things like what you had for breakfast.  At the end of the day you stare at the screen and wonder what the heck got into you to post all that stuff.


Don't be a Bookface. 

Truly yours,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment